Click Here to go the Taylor Mill Stingrays Website
Dear Taylor Mill Swim Club Members,
Summer swim and dive teams are two of the best activities for building self esteem, creating new friendships, and they offer an amazing value for the money. The Taylor Mill Stingrays Swim and Dive Team is very interested in recruiting new swimmers and divers. All club members between the ages of 5-18 (as of May 31, 2018) are invited to join us for the 2018 Northern Kentucky Swim League (www.swimnksl.com) summer season. The season runs eight weeks in June and July and culminates with the NKSL All-Star and Championship Meets. Young club members with their fun and energy are especially welcome! Here are five reasons why you should give the Taylor Mill Stingrays Swim and Dive Team a try…
- Just about anyone can do it! The only prerequisite for joining the Swim Team is the ability to swim one length (25 meters) of the pool. Those interested in joining the Dive Team must be able to complete a forward dive off the low board. No previous swimming or diving experience required. Just a desire to work hard and learn. And remember, swimming is a lifelong sport and useful life skill.
RETURNING THIS YEAR – Pre-Swim Team! The goal of this program is to prepare swimmers to participate on the Swim Team in future seasons. Swimmers will be taught two of the four basic competitive strokes — freestyle and backstroke — and also be introduced to breaststroke, butterfly, and the diving start. The only prerequisites for joining the Pre-Swim Team are the ability to swim one-half length of the pool and float on your back for at least five seconds. Pre-Swim Team members will compete in two intra-squad meets during the season. (Pre-Swim Team members may be invited to participate in a regular meet and/or practice with the appropriate age group on the Swim Team during the current season.)
- The participation fee is $50 per child ($125 maximum per family) plus $20 for a raffle ticket* (one per family). The fee remains the same whether the child participates in swimming, diving, or (better yet) both. In addition to practices four days a week (Monday through Thursday) and weekly meets, each child will be provided with a team t-shirt, swim cap, and gift card (see below).
- It’s easy to make friends when you train with someone just about every day! And you’ll always find teammates to play with while you’re at the swim club. Then there are the meets themselves – lots of cheering for each other, “nailing” a dive, writing on each other’s backs, and relays!
- Whether your child plays volleyball in the fall, basketball in the winter, or soccer all year long… swimming in the summer will improve their overall fitness level. Swimming is excellent cross training for any athlete. And diving is an excellent change of pace for gymnasts!
- Self Esteem. Regardless of your child’s skill level, it is just about guaranteed they will improve as the summer goes along. With our excellent coaching staff and regular practice, your child should be able to complete that dive or win that race. Our league rewards kids with lots of ribbons at the meets! At the end of the season, every team member will compete in the All Star and/or Championship Meet and be presented with a gift card at our Awards Banquet.
Make some memories this summer! Get your children registered for the Taylor Mill Stingrays Swim and Dive Team and watch them flourish. Have questions? Contact Monica Littrell (Taylor Mill Stingrays President) at 859-261-7739 or [email protected].
* Again this year, the Stingrays will be holding a raffle to pay some lucky club member’s 2019 annual dues. Raffle tickets will be given out at registration for a $20 fee. Each family will be given one ticket to sell or keep. You may sell your ticket for $20 and make your money back. If you decide to keep your ticket, you will have a chance to have your 2019 dues paid. Now that’s a deal! The drawing will be held at our Awards Banquet on Sunday, July 29, 2018.
Mission Statement: The purpose of the Taylor Mill Stingrays Swim and Dive Team is to provide an opportunity for each athlete to be successful in swimming and/or diving. The Stingrays’ program will allow each athlete to experience the sense of belonging to a team while learning the sport, setting individual goals, and having fun while participating in practice, meets, and other activities.
Equipment: The required equipment is an appropriate training suit. Swimmers will need well functioning goggles and a swim cap (as needed). We are in the first of two years for our team suits this summer. Team suits are not mandatory.
Parent Participation: Support your child by bringing them to practice, preparing them for meets, and cheering for them and the team at meets. Volunteer to help out at meets or with other team duties. Consider becoming a stroke & turn judge, diving judge, starter, or referee. Bring desserts, snacks and drinks to sell at home swim meets. It’s a great way to meet other club members!
Team Registration: Beginning Sunday, April 1st there will be online team registration. On Saturday, May 26th between 11:00am and 1:00pm there will be in-person team registration at the swim club and Swimville will be there for suit fittings.
Practices: Swimming and diving practices will be held Monday through Thursday each week at Taylor Mill Swim Club, beginning Monday, June 4th. Practices are by age group and scheduled so one can participate in both swimming and diving:
|Diving Practice||Swimming Practice|
|Pre-Swim Team||9:30am to 10:30am|
|8 & Under, 9-10||8:30am to 9:30am||9:30am to 10:30am|
|11-12, 13-14, 15-18||9:30am to 10:30am||8:15am to 9:30am|
Swim and Dive Meets: Dive meets are held on Tuesday evenings, and swim meets are held on Thursday evenings. Following a warm up session, meets start promptly at 6:30pm.
|Week beginning Monday…||Diving||Swimming
|June 11||Tue, June 12
Bluegrass @ Taylor Mill
|Thu, June 14
Taylor Mill @ Bluegrass
|June 18||Tue, June 19
Taylor Mill @ Newport
|Thu, June 21
Newport @ Taylor Mill
|June 25||Tue, June 26
Taylor Mill & Oakbrook @ Brookwood
|Thu, June 28
Taylor Mill & Brookwood @ Oakbrook
|July 2||Tue, July 3
Florence @ Taylor Mill
|Thu, July 5
Taylor Mill @ Florence
|July 9||Tue, July 10
Taylor Mill & Cherry Hill @ Florence
|Thu, July 12
Cherry Hill & Florence @ Taylor Mill
|July 16||Tue, July 17
Taylor Mill @ Beechwood
|Thu, July 19
Beechwood @ Taylor Mill
|Wed, July 18
All Star Diving @ Florence
|July 23||Mon, July 23
All Star Swimming @ Newport
|Tue, July 24
Champ Meet Diving (Boys) @ Five Seasons
|Thu, July 26
Champ Meet Swimming (Prelims) @
|Wed, July 25
Champ Meet Diving (Girls) @ Five Seasons
|Fri, July 27
Champ Meet Swimming (Finals) @
*Home meets are shaded.